The sky (marketing) is not falling whenever Facebook changes their so-called newsfeed algorithm.
The ‘secret’ is to not rely on it in the first place.
Recent reports coming out of the social media marketing world are saying many things about Facebook, that will supposedly drop organic reach dramatically over the coming months, with the installation of 2 feeds — one for friends and families, and one for business. In other words, to get seen, you’re going to have to pay to play.
Are you and your business ready for it?
There have been some recent “chicken little” posts about Facebook once again changing the newsfeed, which seems to be biased against business.
While Facebook has not confirmed these rumours, the obvious conclusion is that Facebook will change it at some point.
Facebook is testing radically different Explore Feed in six countries and in the rest of the world.
In the main newsfeed are now just friend and sponsored posts.
My question is, why are you ‘letting go’ of control of your marketing?
Watch the Facebook Live Video Replay Here:
What’s wrong with paying for traffic? Or rather, do you really control what your business does, or are you relying on some other entity as a saving-grace?
In today’s show I’m talking about Your newsfeed on Facebook is changing, and how you and your business can get ready for it?
Organic reach has dropped and is dropping — how much? Take a look at your stats.
The bottom line is that Facebook needs to generate revenue
How to Enhance The Explore Feed and get it to work for you. It’s not the “death of small business either” — you just have to evolve and get smarter about how you do these things -
it’s NOT as easy, nor should it be. Here are some steps that you can take, to take back control of your business.
- Yes, it’s pay to play for the most part, but you can also try these things to connect
- Set up some paid campaigns — not just boosted posts — target your audience appropriately. Spend what you can to start and measure the results — activate and update accordingly
- Share your business page posts on your personal profile (remember that if you are on social media, your personal profile and your business profile are cross-linked forever
- Produce remarkable and consistent content that people like to talk about and share
- Respond to everything
- Understand your ‘why’ in your business as this will help you attract those people who can clearly see your ‘why’ — tell your story the way that only you can
Keep an open mind — as things on Facebook also change regularly,
Look at it as an opportunity to get in front of a newer, more refined audience who understands you and what you are doing.
It’s not “The Sky Is Falling” — be smart about it.
Watch the Facebook Live Video Replay Here:
Welcome to the Digital Leadership Discovery #breakthrough Show.
I’m Doyle Buehler, I help leaders, explorers, and disruptors scale, grow and transform their business and sales through digital leadership, and I’m the author of the book on digital strategy — The Digital Delusion. What Real world digital strategies will actually work for your business? There are 3 core categories that we go through as part of these Digital Leadership Facebook Live events
- The State of Digital, where I talk about specific ideas and insights happening right now, how they affect business, and what you can do about it.
- Digital Leadership Guests, where I interview an expert in the field, and discuss their strategies for success.
- The Digital Discovery “Strategy & Marketing Q&A”, where I review tools, answer questions or talk about specific challenges that affect you and may be holding you back.
I appreciate your time, ideas and insights. Please write a comment or question below and tell me what you think.
Ready To Find The Tipping Point Of Your Business?
I help Enterprise & Entrepreneurs scale, disrupt & grow their business and sales through Digital Leadership. The difference between a successful business and one that fails is razor thin. What side are you on? Where is your ‘tipping point’ to grow and scale, or stay firmly back in mediocrity? What if it was only $2 that separated your businesses between success and failure? What if this ‘tipping point’ was something that you could actively identify? Find out what your tipping point to success is.